Respecting your privacy
- Hands-off control of transmitters, even through clothing: Control-X uses electromagnetic induction to enable the full range of RMS2040 transmitters to be controlled remotely. As long as the Control-X handset is within 20cm (8 inches) of the transmitter, you can switch it On/Off and check and display frequencies, all without touching the transmitter itself.
What’s more, unlike other remote devices, Control-X can do all of this even if the transmitter is hidden beneath clothing. In costume dramas and similar applications this facility can be of considerable benefit in making sound control simpler, more efficient and less problematic for the actor.
- Frequency check: With the handset held within 20cm (8 inches) of the transmitter antenna, the frequency of any transmitter can be checked using a single push-button display; the frequency is displayed on an LCD panel. Similarly, the transmitter can be switched off and on using push buttons on the handset; when the transmitter is switched on, the Control-X handset displays the transmitter frequency.
- Power check: The Control-X unit can also be used to self-test its own battery - it involves simply pressing and releasing the On and Off buttons simultaneously. In addition, it can be used to check the battery power of any Audio Ltd. transmitter or receiver with a 6-pin Lemo connector. The Control-X also has external battery contacts, allowing the testing of 9V 6LR61-type batteries.
- Size: 100 (h) x 63 (w) x 24 (d) mm
- Weight: 150 grams, including battery
- Battery required: 9V (IEC 6LR61) type Alkaline