The GR-2 is a precision time code generator/reader designed for production sound recording. Low power consumption with back lighting assures users of long battery life in a small reliable package.
READ - Reads SMPTE/EBU timecode at normal operating speeds. Displays timecode, user bits, and frame rate.
- CLOCK - Internal clock time (24 Hr), date (Day\Month, Month\Day). The internal clock is used to set the timecode clock at turn on.
- DISPLAY - The display is a two-line, 12-digit low-power LCD module that shows timecode/user bits, mode and rate. The user can turn the backlight on or off.
- GEN - Generate timecode at 23.976, 24, 25, 29.97, 30-drop and non-drop.
- JAM - Jam syncs to external code and can cross-jam different code rates. In JC mode, any break in code will jam to a new value.
- GU - Inserts externally read timecode into the user bits of the current internal timecode. This is useful for music playback with live action recording.
- HOLD - Ability to hold the timecode display. The timecode clock and output do not stop while in hold mode.
- DELTA - Displays a comparison of the internal timecode to external timecode.
SIZE & WEIGHT: 3.25" X 3" X 1.75", 0.50 lbs (with batteries)
- TCXO CRYSTAL: Crystal: +/- 1PPM @ -30 to +75 C
- TC INPUT: 15dB @ 4.7K input impedance (LEMO)
- TC OUTPUTS: 2V into 1K load impedance (LEMO & BNC)
- BATTERY POWER: 2 "AA" batteries (48+ hours)
- EXTERNAL POWER: 6-18V DC (40mA backlight on)
- INTERNAL BATTERY: CR122, life approximately one year